Sunday, March 11, 2012


Have you been served with a complaint to foreclose your mortgage?  

If you have, you are certainly experiencing something that millions of homeowners are dealing with.  You are not alone.  The worst thing you can do is to ignore the complaint.  Generally, you have 20 days within which to file an answer either on your own, or with the help of an attorney.  You can gain additional time to stay in your home, even if you are planning to surrender the real estate to the lender.  Or, if you are like many, a bankruptcy can benefit your situation.  I suggest that you talk with a qualified attorney in your community.  Ask friends if they know an attorney they trust who has experience in real estate and in bankruptcy.  There is help out there, and you really need a decent attorney.  Should you trust all attorneys?  I say no!  However, there are many wonderful attorneys out there who TRULY do want to help you and do not want to put you in the poor house just because you hire an attorney.  The difficult part is trying to find someone you can feel comfortable with and that you have a good rapport with.  

Just don't IGNORE foreclosure papers.  There is help out there.  

Denise Wells at
Docs In a Box
T. (561) 206-2207
F. (866) 420-7137